Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Reawakening the Fink Within

After my oldest brother introduced me to "Rat Fink" when I was just a kid, I was hooked. I just couldn't stop drawing finks. From cat finks to dharma finks, I drew them all. However in my last year of high school I decided that I did not want to draw finks anymore. Even though Rat Fink was my hero I wanted to move on, find my own style and way of self expression.

Nearing the end of this last semester at Emily Carr I was feeling a little down with the projects that I was working on. I needed to do something fun, something that would reawaken my creative spirit, so during one of my super boring lectures I decided to draw this fink. This is a portrait of Norman, the creator of Vancouver's Motorcycho zine; he was pretty stoked to get it in the mail.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic!! Excellent ode to Rat Fink. Great sense of movement and line.

    I'm one of three members of a Honda Grom-based tiny bike "gang". We mostly putter around town on our teeny rides looking menacing and doing good deeds, but menacingly. Anyway, we'd like to use this image as a large back-patch for our vests. Would that be acceptable to you? If not, it's totally understandable.

    ReplyDelete